If you are fortunate enough to get a tax return this year, you probably fall into one of two camps: save it all or spend it all. While you don’t have to spend every dime to get an impressive smile makeover in Johns Creek, there are different cosmetic dentistry options available based on how much of that refund you care to part with. Fees for cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry treatments vary depending on each patient’s individual needs. Here are some suggestions for the oral health needs you might want to address.
You Want to Spend Your Small Tax Refund
There are plenty of affordable ways to improve the appearance of your smile, and keep it healthy at the same time.
- Dental cleaning and checkup: If you want to make a big difference in your oral health, keep up with your dental cleanings and checkups every six months. Sometimes taking care of your teeth and gums isn’t a priority when you must choose between different types of self-care, but now you have an opportunity to make it a priority. Taking care of your oral health is a tax refund well spent.
- Inlays or onlays: One of the easiest, fastest, and most affordable ways to repair small problems tend to or unsightly areas on your teeth is through inlays or onlays. These non-invasive restorations are durable and natural-looking, capable of replacing old fillings, correcting chips or cracks, preventing further deterioration, whitening discoloration, filling gapped teeth, and stabilizing tooth structure. A small investment can protect your teeth for years, preventing any big problems from occurring and eliminating the need to shell out for repairs.
You Want to Spend Part of Your Refund and Save the Rest
When there is an oral health solution that you’ve been waiting on because you didn’t want to spend the money, tax refund time is the best time to consider making a move.
- Night guard: If you suffer from sleep bruxism or TMJ, it’s time to stop the nasty side effects of that grinding and clenching once and for all. After one consultation, you can have an NTI night guard customized for your mouth to prevent and correct jaw problems that are causing pain and damaging your teeth. This may be a purchase you know you’ve needed but you haven’t made until funds were available – now you can make it happen and save yourself a lot of oral health problems in the process.
You Want to Spend Your Entire Large Tax Refund
When your budget allows for bigger smile changes, there are cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry solutions to fit.
- Porcelain veneers: This is the cosmetic dentistry procedure of celebrities, the smile makeover of champions. Porcelain veneers correct multiple cosmetic issues at once, making teeth straight, white, evenly sized and spaced, and natural-looking. Because veneers are incredibly thin, durable, and customized for every tooth, they are a higher-end cosmetic dentistry treatment. Veneers are truly an indulgence in the cosmetic sense – they make you look younger, healthier, happier, and smarter. Investing in this procedure will pay dividends for decades.
- Dental implants: If you’ve been living with holes in your smile because of a tooth extraction, a tooth lost to damage or trauma, or missing teeth caused by gum disease, it’s finally time to consider dental implants. This procedure is often eliminated from the running for dental patients because it is a costly procedure and they decide that one or two missing teeth won’t matter. However, absent teeth affect the rest of your oral health tremendously. They pick up the slack, which means they work too hard and are susceptible to enamel erosion, breaking, and other oral health damage. Not to mention, having a hole in your smile means your teeth are vulnerable to shifting around.
Invest in Your Oral Health with a Smile Makeover in Johns Creek
Even if you don’t have a tax refund to spend, you can still afford the smile makeover procedures you want. At Family & Cosmetic Dental Care in Johns Creek, we accept various types of dental insurance. We also offer affordable financing through CareCredit, so you can pay for any or all your procedures through low monthly payments. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and discuss what you want for your smile makeover.