Everyone wants to be loved exactly for who they are. Unfortunately, looks do matter, and how you feel about your appearance affects how others feel about you. Are you confident in your smile and the health of your teeth? Or are you self-conscious about a broken-down smile and oral health problems that are making you anything but kissable? Time to consult with your Johns Creek dentist to learn what solutions will make you more lovable, and make you love yourself.
5 Reasons Your Smile Matters When It Comes to Love
Would you kiss someone who has bad teeth? Missing teeth? Discolored teeth? Worse? Probably not. So, you can understand why others might take pause before puckering up if your smile is poor condition. Here are just some of the reasons your smile matters when it comes to love:
- You must be kissable. According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), 33 percent of people would probably not kiss someone with bad teeth.
- You want first dates to lead to second dates. Thirty-three percent of people (AACD) would not set their BFF up on a blind date with someone who has bad teeth.
- You speak with your smile. Smiling conveys emotion, and lack of smiles do too. Not smiling can lead others to believe that you are unhappy, too serious, or completely unimpressed.
- A good smile makes you approachable. Whether you’re looking for love in person or online, a smile is what invites people in. If you’re not smiling in pictures or face-to-face, you’ll send the message that you’re not interested.
- A smile gives you confidence. Ashamed of your appearance? Your confidence will take a hit. You won’t feel like you’re lovable. And potential matches will pick up on your vibe.
Embrace the Possibility of a Healthy, New Smile
Half of the adults who pursue cosmetic dentistry do so because they want to look and feel younger. But then there are the people who don’t do anything to improve their smile – not because they don’t want to, but because they are either embarrassed or scared.
You don’t have to be ashamed of the state your teeth and gums are in when you see your Johns Creek dentist. Experienced dentists have seen it all, even if you’re missing teeth, you have loose or missing teeth, or your gums are bleeding. The most important thing is getting help, not only for the sake of the appearance of your smile, but the health of it as well.
Sedation dentistry makes it possible for the most anxious people, or the patients who need the most restorative dentistry done, to sit in the dentist’s chair calmly. Oral conscious sedation helps the treatment time pass more quickly and eases your nerves, whatever the cause.
The Route to a Kissable Smile
Depending on the condition of your teeth and gums, repairs may need to be made before any major aesthetic changes can be implemented. Whether your smile makeover requires periodontal treatment, dental implants, root canal, porcelain crowns, or otherwise, you can be sure that the new smile you have will look natural, function properly, and be strong and comfortable.
Once the foundation of your smile is concrete, you could be a candidate for porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, Lumineers, and other cosmetic dentistry treatments. Contact Dr. Mitul Patel, Johns Creek dentist, to schedule your consultation. After a smile makeover, you’ll be puckering up for the one you love in no time.